Dr. Mohd Kamal Sabran
Kamal Sabran is an artist-designer-producer-musician-researcher based in Ipoh Perak. He has a Ph.D. in Art and Design (New Media) from the Universiti of Teknologi MARA. His practice is inter-disciplinary and exists at the intersection of art, science, and technology. His artwork includes experimental music, performance art, video and electronic installations. Kamal’s practice is collaborative and he frequently pursues opportunities with other artists, musicians, researcher, and scientists. He has won the ‘Best New Media Artist Award’ Young and Contemporary from the Malaysian National Art Gallery in 2004, Best NOKIA Music Video Director in 2006 as well as the ‘ASEAN New Media Artist Award’ from the Indonesian National Art Gallery in 2007. He was Artist-In-Residence at the National Space Agency, Malaysia in 2005 and invited to be part of visiting artist program for 18th Street Art Center in Santa Monica California in 2015. He is also the founder of an experimental music/sound art collective known as “Space Gambus Experiment” and Ipoh Experimental Art School, a creative space focusing on producing experimental art project. In 2017 he formed an art space called USM Experimental Art Lab, for art students in Universiti Sains Malaysia. Together with his brother Fadly Sabran, they developed “Bunyi Sunyi” an International platform for experimental works. He has been scoring several award-winning Malaysian film soundtrack with film directors such as Mamat Khalid, Shanjhey Kumar, Namron, Abror Rivai, Pete Teo and many more. Kamal is one of the director in “15Malaysia” short film project by 15 Malaysian new wave filmmaker. He is currently working as a lecturer at Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Penang.
- 2017 Ph.D. in Art & Design (New Media) University Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
- 2007 MA in Art (New Media & Visual Com) University Teknologi MARA, UiTM Shah Alam, Malaysia
- 1999 BA in Art & Design (Graphic) University Teknologi MARA, UiTM Shah Alam, Malaysia
- Present Lecturer, School of the Arts (New Media, Design & Technology) Universiti Sains
- 2005-2006 Lecturer, Fakuti Seni Lukis Seni Reka (Graphic) UiTM Perak.
- 2000- 2005 Programme Coordinator/Lecturer Graphic Design, Cosmopoint. Ipoh
- 2005-2007 Lecturer, Open University Ipoh.
- 1999-2000 Graphic Designer, RUSTA Graphic House, Ipoh
- Experimental music
- Performance art
- Video and electronic installations
- VMT105/3 Produksi Video Digital
- VME201/3 Media Instalasi
- VMT 216/3 Komposisi Video
- VMT 304/3 Imej dan Bunyi
- VMT411/3 Projek Reka Bentuk 1
- VMT412/4 Projek Reka Bentuk 2
AUTHOR / ACADEMIC RESEARCH PAPER / JOURNAL
- A Study on Applicability of Sound Art as Therapy For Alzheimer’s Patient in Institutional Cares
- Gambus Sound Art and Its Applicability as Therapy For Alzheimer’s Patient
- Nature Soundscape and its Applicability as Therapy for Alzheimer’s Patients
- Gambus in Experimental Music
- Therapeutic Sound Art
Mohammad Kamal Sabran, Norfarizah Mohd Bakhir, Ismail Lasa, and Norfadilah Kamaruddin (2017). A Study on Application of Sound Art as Therapy for Alzheimer’s Patients. 4th Bandung Creative Movement International Conference 2017, Role of Art, Design, and Technology in the Society. ISBN 978-94-6252-478-1, ISSN 2352-5428
Mohammad Kamal Sabran, Kamarudzaman Md Isa, Norfadilah Kamaruddin, Ismail Lasa, Norfarizah Mohd Bakhir (2017). A Study On Gambus As Sound Art And Its Applicability As Therapy For Alzheimer’s Patients - 7th International Conference on Local Knowledge 2017 (ICLK) USM, ISBN 978-967-12163-2-3
Mohammad Kamal Sabran, Norfarizah Mohd Bakhir, Mohd Asyiek Desa, Ismail Lasa (2017). Nature Soundscape and its Applicability as Therapy for Alzheimer’s Patients – 1st International Conference on Spirituality, Culture and Sustainable Tourism (SCST2017) 28th Mei – 2nd June 2017, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. P. 138-142. ISBN: 978-967-14149-2-7
MUSIC ALBUM PUBLISHED
- Space Gambus Experiment, Self-titled, 2006
- Space Gambus Experiment, First Step Into Inner Space, 2010
- Space Gambus Experiment, Live From Bilik Darjah, 2013
- Space Gambus Experiment, Into The Light, 2014
- Space Gambus Experiment, Rejected Film Soundtrack, 2015
- “Jagat” film Sound Track, 2015
- “Lebuh Raya Ke Neraka” film soundtrack, 2017
- “Karya” film soundtrack, 2018
MUSIC ENGINEERED, RECORDED, MIXED, MASTERED & PRODUCED
- Meor, Sakrat, 2010
- Rohas Remi, 2017
- Lara Hassan & The V, 2017
- Joni Mustaf, 2017
- Keladak, 2017
- 2015 Artist-in-residence, 18th Street Art Santa Monica, California
- 2011 Travel Grant for Paper Presentation Conference at University Of Bristol UK by Ministry of
- Education Malaysia
- 2009 Japan-Malaysia Video Art Exchange Project granted by Japan foundation & National Art Gallery Malaysia
- 2008 Travel Grant by National Art Gallery Malaysia to participated in Mini Summit on New Media Art Policy & Practice organized by Asia-Europe foundation, IFACCA and ISEA2008
- 2007 ASEAN New Media Award, Second Prize, Indonesian National Gallery, Jakarta
- 2007 NOKIA Best Asia Music Video Director, Regional Finalist, St James Power House, Singapore
- 2007 NOKIA, You Make it Reel, Malaysian Grand Prize Winner, Best Music Video Director, KL
- 2006 Academic Fellow Ship, University of Science, Penang, Malaysia
- 2005 Artist in Residence Fellowship, The National Space Agency (ANGKASA), Kuala Lumpur
- 2005 Anugerah Bintang, Video art for AIDS Campaign, Ministry of Health, Malaysia (Petaling Jaya Selangor)
- 2004 Honorable Mention Category New Media, Young & Contemporaries, Balai Seni Lukis Negara, KL
- 2004 Quality Award (Artist working on Health Campaign), Ministry of Health, Daerah Batang Padang, Perak.
- 2003 Artist in Residence, Museum & Gallery Darul Ridzuan, Ipoh Perak
- 2000 Band Alert, Top Ten Perak finalist, Yamaha Music, Malaysia.
- SENIMAN Malaysia
- Persatuan Pelukis Perak
- Secretary of Angkatan Pelukis Darul Ridzuan (2004-2006).
- UfoRIA UiTM (Unit for Research and Intellect Application).
- ASEF (Asian Europe Foundation) Alumni.
2003 The Thinker, Galeri Seni Muzium Darul Ridzuan, Ipoh Perak.
2003 Sound of Painting, Balai Berita NSTP Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.
Selected Exhibitions & Art Activities
- ASEAN India film festival-Pravasi Baratiya Divas, Singapore
- TUFS Cinema, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies, Japan
- Art Exchange, Kobe University Japan KL Binale, in collaboration with Amir Zainorin, National Art Gallery Malaysia
- Ipoh Experimental Music Festival, Perak, Malaysia
- Perak Festival of Ideas, Ipoh Malaysia
- Ilham Contemporary Malaysia Forum, Ilham Gallery KL Malaysia
- Japan-Malaysia Experimental Music Project, Kapallorek Art Space, Malaysia
- German-Malaysia Experimental Music Project, Kapallorek Art Space, Malaysia
- Russia-France-Malaysia Experimental Music Project, Kapallorek Art Space, Malaysia
- USA-Malaysia Experimental Music Project, Kapallorek Art Space, Malaysia
- Osaka Asian Film Festival, Japan
- Sydney Paramasala Asian Arts Festival, Australia
- Bangalore South East Asian Film Festival, India
- SAC ASEAN Film Festival, Thailand
- Focus on Asia Fukuoka International Film Festival, Japan
- Malaysian Film Festival, Singapore
- Jagat, New York Asian Film Festival 2016 (NYAFF 2016) at The Film Society of Lincoln Center
- and the SVA Theater, New York, USA from June 22nd - July 9th 2016.
- Jagat, Film Market, Cannes Festival
- Five Flavours Film Festival, Poland
- Hanoi International Film Festival, Vietnam
- Luang Prabang Film Festival, Laos
- Kota Kinabalu Film Festival, Malaysia
- Butterworth Fringe Festival, Malaysia
- Open Studio, 18th Street Art Center, Santa Monica, California U.S
- Live Radio Show Performance, KSPU, State University Portland, Oregon, U.S
- Musical collaboration with Tresgone, Mike Lastra’s Studio, Portland, Oregon U.S
- Musical collaboration live performance, with Mike Mahaffy, Stephany Brown, Portland U.S
- Live performance with Tresgone, Voodoo Donut, Portland, Oregon
- Very Bad Film School screening, Da Huang Pictures, KL
- Festival Idearaya, Laman Budaya Shah Alam
- DA+C Festival, Penang
- Performance “Sonic Artifact”. Penang State Museum, Penang
- Show for benefit of the Wall, Rainhouse, Ipoh
- Sajak-Sajak Naif Amirul Fakir, Performance, Khizanat Ipoh
- BAKAWAN, sound art project, Manila
- Listening Terminals, Sound art project, Manila
- Ipoh Kreative, Sekeping Kong Heng, Ipoh
- Borak Art, Sepaloh Art Center, Ipoh
- IdeaRaya Fest, Shah Alam, Selangor
- MH370, Muzium Seni Asia, Universiti Malaya, KL
- Film Screening, Coventry Art Space, UK
- VGAV, Made In Malaysia Screening Experimental Video, Pause Festm Melbourne Australia
- VFAV, Kaohsiung Design Festival, Taiwan
- 7 Days of Sound Festival, Birmingham UK
- Project Glocal, DC+A fest, Penang
- Kembara Jiwa Fukuoka, Galeri Chandan KL
- Kembara Jiwa Fukuoka, Fukuoka Asian Art Museum (FAAM), Japan
- Screening of Space Gambus Experiments’ new music video and some documentation, STRYX, Minerva Works, Birmingham.
- KLEX, "See the Sound, Hear the Image" Aliran Semasa [RearView Forward]: “Confluence and Branching of Media Technology in recent Malaysian Art", National Visual Art Gallery, KL
- KLEX: “FROM REMEMBERING TO RISING” KLEX Presents: “FROM REMEMBERING TO RISING”, Sabah
- State Museum.
- KLEX: "SEE THE SOUND, HEAR THE IMAGE", Theater Hall, SEGi College, Subang Jaya. KL
- Bangkok Experimental Film Festival (BEFF6), organized by KLEX
- Transit A4, House of Matahati, KL
- Manifestasi Merdeka, National Art Gallery KL
- ‘Ties’, House of MATAHATI, KL
- Contemporary Art Tourism Trail in Penang, USM.
- Psyche of Art, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, KL
- DENYUT NADI, White Box,MAP @ Solaris Dutamas, KL.
- Facets of Southeast Asia, in collaboration with Mojdeh Stoakley, Chicago, USA
- CHANDAN OPEN HOUSE 2010: Sneak Preview of Semangat Chandan II, Gallery Chandan KL
- Australian Malaysian Film Festival, 15Malaysia, Australian Centre for the Moving Image, Melbourne
- MJAVX Malaysia-Japan Video Art Exchange, National Art Gallery KL
- 15 Malaysia, ICA2010 Open Space, Singapore
- Ruang Tayang, Gallery Chandan, Kuala Lumpur
- Fluxus Now! - 2010 Roanoke Marginal Arts Festival, USA
- 15Malaysia, short film, The Pompidou Centre, Paris
- 15Malaysia, film Screening, International Film Festival, Rotterdam
- Lumpur, Film Screening, Mumbai India
- 15 MALAYSIA, the 6th InDPanda International Short Film Festival, Hong Kong
- 15Malaysia, Clermont-Ferrand film festival, France
- 15Malaysia, Jakarta International Film Festival, Jakarta, Indonesia
- TAF Project, Short film Screening, Perak Art Foundation, Ipoh Perak.
- 15Malaysia film screening, Youth For Change, New Wing One Utama, KL
- Far East Audio Visual Socialization, Getsumin Gallery, Osaka Japan
- Maskara Shorties, Sindiket soljah, Rumah PENA, Kuala Lumpur
- Video Art Screening & Presentation, Nippon Engineering College, Tokyo Japan
- Video Art screening & Presentation, LUNETTE Kyushu University, Japan
- Video Art screening & lecture, Kyushu Sangyo University, Fukuoka, Japan
- Video Art & Lecture, Fukuoka Asian Museum, Japan
- "BUREIKOU 2009" Screening & artist presentation, Striped Gallery Roppongi Tokyo, Japan
- 15MALAYSIA film screening, Golden Horse Film Festival, Taipei
- "I Miss Him So Much" Art Charity Fundraiser, Gallery Chandan, KL
- “1Malaysia, 15Films”, Auditorium of Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall, KL
- Asian International Art exhibition (AIAE), National Art Gallery, Malaysia
- 15 Malaysia short films, Pusan International Film Festival, South Korea
- International ASEAN Artist Exhibition, National Art Gallery, KL
- Malaysian Arts Festival UN CUT 09, Museum of Contemporary Art, Copenhagen Denmark
- Wall Projection, in collaboration with Hasnol Jamal Saidon, Museum University Science Malaysia, Penang
- Pameran Amal Palestine, National Art Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
- Mail Art Responses to Trench Art, Marginal Art Festival, USA
- City in city Design, Ruang Rupa, Jakarta Indonesia
- Palestine art exhibition, National Library, KL
- Palestine art exhibition, Findars Gallery, KL
- Palestine art exhibition, Annex Gallery, KL
- Koleksi Saya: Rahimie Harun, National Art Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
- Art auction for fun raising, Alzheimer Disease Foundation Malaysia, Ipoh
- Mea Culpa, RA Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
- Other Stories, Galeri Tuanku Fauziah, USM, Penang
- The Independent Project, Project Room, Petronas Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
- AIDS & Art show, World AIDS DAY, Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan, Selangor Malaysia
- Nokia, Music Video Grand finale, Ruums Club, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Nokia, Asia best directed Music Video, Indie Music Showcase, St James, Singapore
- Young & Contemporaries, National Art Gallery, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- “ABSTRACT RELATION”: an exhibition of 6 Abstract artists from Southeast Asia, XOAS Art Salon, KL
- Asean New Media Award exhibition, National Art Gallery, Jakarta
- OK video Festival, Ruang Rupa, Jakarta, Indonesia
- Artriangle, Art project fund Matahati, Sokka Gakai, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Notthatbalai art festival, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Still Light, Alliance Francaise, Penang
- MTV (Tv Melayu), Video Art Exhibition, Museum & Gallery USM, Penang
- Tabik: Tribute to Jeri Azhari, National Art Gallery, KL
- In synch with Nature, Postgraduate Study, UiTM, Shah Alam
- Takung, National Art Gallery, KL
- Color of Thought, Maju Junction, KL
- Closer Look, Maya Gallery, KL
- Art Exhibition, Kuching Sarawak
- Kontot, Film Fest, KL
- Open Show, Galeri Shah Alam
- Japan-Malaysian Art Exchange, Galeri UiTM, Perak
- Inspirasi Perak, Galeri Seni, Muzium Darulridzuan, Perak.
- Open Show, National Art Gallery. KL
- Bakat Muda Sezaman, Balai Senilukis Negara, KL
- Pameran Retrospektif APDR, Galeri Seni Muzium Darul Ridzuan.
- Enjoy The Silence, ArtTalk Gallery, KL.
- Fresh work, Yayasan Kesenian Perak, Ipoh, Perak
- Pameran Pelukis Melayu Pulau Pinang, Galeri Seri Pinang, Pulau Pinang.
- Abstract Group Show, Galeri Muzium Darul Ridzuan, Ipoh.
- Fresh Work from Studio, Yayasan Kesenian Negeri Perak, Ipoh.
- Immersion, Galeri Maya, Bangsar, KL.
- Kembara Prostar Art Exhibition, Hotel Hyatt, KL
- Art 1000, Valentine Willie, KL
- Art Festival, Art Case Gallery, KL
- Pameran Terbuka, Galeri Shah Alam, Selangor.
- Live Mural Painting, Yayasan Kesenian Perak, Ipoh, Perak.
- Enchanting Perak, Casuarina Parkroyal Hotel, Ipoh, Perak.
- Convention Prostar Art, Taiping, Perak.
- Art Exhibition, Artcase Gallery KL.
- Art Auction, Artcase Gallery KL.Estetika Perak, Galeri Seni Muzium Darul Ridzuan.
- Stigma & Diskriminasi, Galeri Seni Muzium Darul Ridzuan.
- Pameran Terbuka, Galeri Shah Alam, Selangor
- Silveritage, Casuarina Parkroyal Hotel, Ipoh, Perak.
- Side by Side by Side, Artcase Gallery, KL.
- Ekspedisi Belum, Galeri Seni Muzium Darul Ridzuan.
- Cetusan Rasa, Galeri Seni Muzium Darul Ridzuan.
- 2000 Art Show, Cosmopoint Ipoh.
- 1999 Degree Show, UiTM Shah Alam.
MUSIC/SOUND ART/PERFOMANCE PROJECT
- Opening Performance, Northern Writers, Ipoh Perak.
- Evening Weird, SGE in collaboration with Eric Hausmann, Rain House Ipoh Perak.
- Kasi Picah!, House Of Matahati KL
- Space Gambus Experiment in collaboration with Ensemble in G (EiG), Univeristy Petronas, Tronoh.
- Tapestry of Colors, Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, KLCC.
- Mull Debauch, Actors Studio, KL.
- TV show performance. "The Breakfast Show" NTV7, Kuala Lumpur.
- DFP Festival, Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, KL
- PASSAGE TO THE FUTURE: ART FROM YOUNG GENERATION IN JAPAN, Organized by Japan Foundation &
- Penang State Gallery & Museum.
- KINGDOM OF REBEL #2, Experimental music show case organized by HONF (Indonesia) & National Art
- Gallery Malaysia.
- Program Jerit! aktiviti amal Tronoh Theatre Shop (TTS), Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP untuk dapat
- memupuk rasa bertanggungjawab terhadap komuniti.
- Northern Writers, brings the ‘writers reading’ concept to Perak. Ipoh Perak.
- ROCK THE YOUTH , Kuala Lumpur.
- Opening performance for Amir Zainorin Solo Exhibition, Solaris Dutamas, KL.
- Projek Rabak, Ipoh.
- Opening Performance for Student Short Film UNISEL, Selangor
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Noise, FINDARS, KL
- Opening performance for “Passage to the Future: Art from a New Generation in Japan”, Muszium Shah Alam, Selangor.
- X BOX is a performance art by AMIR ZAINORIN in collaboration with Space Gambus Experiment.
- SPACE GAMBUS EXPERIMENT @ Malaysia-Japan Video Art Exchange, National Art Gallery KL
- My Story, Balck Box Duta Mas, KL
- Lascopequstika, Yayasan Kesenian Perak, Ipoh
- The World Listening Project, in collaboration with Dan Godston, Live via skype (Ipoh-Chicago)
- SGE-Pak Samad in collaboration, Kata Luhur, National Art Gallery , KL
- Space Gambus Experiment, virtual performance, Kushinda! At The Blue Sky Café, UK
- Space Gambus Experiment, RA Gallery, Kuala Lumpur
- Space Gambus Experiment, Gallery Chandan, Kuala Lumpur
- Space Gambus Experiment, Layar Jiwa, Teluk Intan, Perak
- Space Gambus Experiment, UREKA, Kuala Kangsar, Perak
- Space Gambus Experiment in collaboration with A Samad Said, National Art Gallery, KL
- Space Gambus Experiment, Prostar Convention, Perak
- SURF UP!, Ipoh Perak
- TAF Noise Project, In collaboration with Goh Lee Kwang, Rahmat Haron, Nurhanim Khairuddin and Amirul
- Fakir, Perak Art Foundation (YKP), Ipoh Perak
- "BUREIKOU 2009”, experimental sound-video art performance exchange project,Roponggi Striped Gallery,
- Tokyo Japan
- Space Gambus Experiment, Homegrown Space, Kuala Lumpur
- Body Landscape, in collaboration with Hasnol Jamal Saidon, Museum USM, Penang
- Malam Genta Seni,In collaboration with Siti Zainon and Dr zulkifli , YKP, Ipoh
- Sonic Cosmic 2, Malam Genta Seni,Yayasan kesenian Perak, Ipoh
- Rasuk 40, Media Art Performance, British Council, National Art Gallery, KL
- Biru Hijaunya Belum, Nature Music Performance, National Art Gallery
- Sonic Cosmic: Music from Outer Space, National Planetarium, KL
- Prostar, Pusat Kesihatan Puchong, Selangor
- Melayu Kala, Collaborate project with Amirul Fakir, Visual Poetry, UiTM, Perak
- Beautiful day, Tsunami Relief, National Art Gallery
- Takung, Performance art & experimental music, National Art Gallery
- Malam Gema Warisan, National Museum, KL
- Collaborative Project, Sound work with Seramac & Justin(California)
- Collaborative Project, Sound Poetry with Amirul Fakir & Zaslan(Mal)
- Collaborative Project, Sound Poetry with Raja Ahmad Aminullah(Mal)
- Collaborative Project, Sound Poetry with Ole Dilluland (Denmark)
- Konserto Puisi, Tmn Budaya, Perak
- Collaborative Sound Performance, Genta Merdeka, YKP, Ipoh
- Experimental visual and sound performance, World AIDS Day, KL
- Kamal Sabran Music Performance-Sounds That I Saw, Muzium Darul Ridzuan
- Malam Lahar Jiwa, YKP, Ipoh.
- Not That Balai Art Fest, Lost Generation Space, KL
- Festival Kanak-kanak (collaboration with Fairuz Ahmad), Stadium Perak
- Kembara Prostar, Hyatt Hotel, KL
- Malam Genta Merdeka, Yayasan Kesenian Perak
- Performance Art in conjunction of art talk from Indonesian Artist, YKP
- Sambutan Hari Aids Sedunia- Music Theme.
- Malam Genta Merdeka, YKP.
- Kamal Sabran Solo – Sound of Painting
- Pertemuan Pelukis Malaysia, Galeri Seni Perak.
- Estetika Perak, Galeri Seni Perak
- Gig Merdeka, Ipoh Body Surf
- Penang Underground Fest, Penang
- Mini Gig, Yamaha School of Music, Penang
- Music Fest, Johor
- Circle of Friends, Manjung, Perak
- Battle of the Band, Taiping
- Penang Underground Fest, Penang.
- Ipoh Experimental Art School - Founded as an artist collective in 2014 by Kamal Sabran and Eric Hausmann,
- Ipoh Experimental Art School has from its infancy been a space where experimental artists and composers share progressive ideas with like-minded colleagues.
- Space Gambus Experiment 2nd album officially released for digital download on iTunes.
- Releasing a series of music video for SGE.
- Space Gambus Experiment (UK edition) CD release, In Collaboration with RHP record label based in UK.
- Space Gambus Experiment Featured in The Star Editor's Choice, iPad version.
- Featured Artist in Today and Tomorrow: Emerging Practices in Malaysian Art, Art book.
- Space Gambus Experiment “Letters from Inner Space” Featured in The Star, local News Paper.
- Space Gambus Experiment featured in KPSU radio show, Portland Oregon USA
- Release music video, a collaboration between Mamat Khalid & SGE, Wish You Were Here cover.
- Space Gambus-GORB collaboration project.
- Space Gambus Experiment- Pilar Rocha (Brazil) collaboration project.
- Featured in Majalah 3,”GAMBUS” a documentary show by local TV station.
- Composed Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. "Lebuh Raya ke Neraka" a film by Mamat Khalid.
- Presentation, The International Exchange of New Media Art Ideas (Malaysia-Japan). Organized by Japan Foundation and Suzy Sulaiman.
- Space Gambus Experiment on Podcast Radio No Pigeonholes is a program of underground, independent and home recorded music presented on several different stations. Radio Marabu hosts the European
- Edition, KKUP broadcasts the show to the San Francisco and Monterey Bay Areas.
- ROZANA remix track by Space Gambus Experiment, Film Soundtrack Project.
- Video Documentary and montage promo for RAJA'AH Sulaiman Esa Solo exhibition, National Art Gallery KL
- Composed soundtrack for “Kasturi” a short film by Ridhwan Saidi.
- New single Release from Space Gambus Experiment, CDBaby.com
- Art for AIDS Project with PROSTAR. It invites artists to produce work dealing with Aids and related issues.
- These works of art are used to raise public consciousness, to encourage involvement, and to generate funds for supporting projects aimed at preventing and fighting Aids.
- Featured in “Dusun” - a Malaysian Arts and Culture Digital magazine, this issue concerns Malaysian photography.
- Featured in Star iPad edition - premiere of Space Gambus Experiment's new single and music video.
- Kamal Sabran in collaboration with Mojdeh, Fifth Annual Chicago Calling Arts Festival
- Space Gambus Experiment featured in local magazine “UTOPIA”.
- Grafiti satu malaysia, Ipoh Perak
- Sound score Design for Tronoh Theater Shop (Tuah Si Jebat), University Petronas Malaysia, Perak
- Coordinator for Art for AIDS exhibition & Competition on line, Organized by Prostar Malaysia & APDR
- Space Gambus Experiment in Collaboration with National Laureate Datuk A. Samad Said
- Kamal Sabran & Dan Godston at The World Listening Project, SOUNDWALK AT THE CHICAGO CENTER FOR GREEN TECHNOLOGY.
- Release "Dibawah Bintang Mengerdip" by A.Samad Said, Music written and performed by SGE.
- PARALLEL FLUX: "Retrieving Humanity" a World Interactive Performance Project, Santa Fe Complex, Santa Fe, NM, USA.
- Space Gambus Experiment featured in ASTRO Mystory Documentary Channel.
- Retrieving Humanity: USA-Nigeria-South Korea-Switzerland-Malaysia, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Direct a short documentary on Malaysia most prolific artist, Zulkifli Yusoff. Commission by National Art Gallery.
- SGE remix soundtrack for ESTET a film by Mamat Khalid
- Producing music video for My Boyfriend the Pilot (Chicago, USA) 'Elements'
- Sound design for performance art by Amirul Zainorin, Denmark
- Producer for an experimental noise rock band called “Uh uh”
- Producer for Space Gambus Experiment album
- Founder for TAF Project, “Tabung Amirul Fakir” a fundraising art project, Perak Art Foundation, Ipoh Perak
- Concept and design for Toko Mamat, Ipoh Perak
- Video Art work shop organized by Spread Video art Project (SVP2) Tokyo Japan
- Co organized “Art for AIDS” an online art exhibition, PROSTAR Malaysia
- Founder for Art for AIDS (seni untuk aids Malaysia)
- Design CD cover for A. Samad Said and Meor for their collaboration poetry-music album.
- “The Sprawl” a collaboration music on line project by kamal, markus (german) and Jaakko (finland)
- Directed short film entitled “LUMPUR” 3 min for 15malaysia film project, produced by Pete Teo
- Directed music video for Space Gambus Experiment “Pengembara Cahaya”.
- Video Art Presentation & Screening, Yayasan Kesenian Perak, Ipoh with Japanese Video art artist.
- Sound Art/ Noise Collaboration with:
- Lorenzo Pancini (Italy), Adam James Davis (UK), Cathy Fern Lewis (Canada), Leonardo Piaggio (Argentina), Zulkifli Ramli(Malaysia), Roy Mantel (Switzerland), Matt Middleton (New Zealand), Antonio Mainenti (Italy), Derek Piotr Crofut (USA), Terje Paulsen (Norway), Jazmi Izwan (Malaysia), Lily Taylor (USA),Matt Middleton (New zealand).
- Director for “Folkumentary” based on music of Meor singer-songwriter, Ipoh Perak
- Sound engineered for Meor Folk recording session for upcoming album entitled “the best of”, Ipoh Perak
- Art director for “Quality Day” Montage for Bangunan Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Perak, Ipoh
- Co organized Malaysian artist 10 meter long painting for Global Peace Festival, Stadium Putera Bukit Jalil
- Directs Documentary “Malam Pesta Jiwa”, a project with Lantera Jiwa and Yayasan Kesenian Perak
- Art Director corporate video for Malaysia Health Ministry (PKD Petaling)
- Participated in Mini Summit on New Media Art Policy & Practice, Singapore.(Asia-Europe Foundation)
- Design Montage for “Anugerah Perkhidmatan Cemerlang 2007”, Setiausaha Kerajaan Negeri Perak, Ipoh
- Direct 4 music video for Alleycats songs and published in Alleycats 40th Anniversary Box Set Album
- Co-organizer with Yayasan Kesenian Perak in “Gebang seni” with Mamat Khalid, film maker
- Design, painting & concept for Sohaimi Mior Hassan New Album entitled "Cinta”,
- Cameo Cast, Malaysian Artistes for Unity video music project, directed by Yasmin Ahmad & Ho Yuang, KLPAC
- Recorded & edited Meor Folk Live in YKP, Ipoh
- Design Cover Single entitled “CINTA” by Sohaimi Mior Hassan
- Directed Music Video for Sohaimi Mior Hassan, song entitled “Satu”
- Concept & Design for book cover, “Mea Culpa” Kumpulan Cerpen by Amirul Fakir
- Directed Music Video for Meor Folk, song entitled “Seru”
- Design Cover CD (limited edition) for Sohaimi Mior Hassan for song titled “Darul Ridzuan Tercinta”
- Design Cover CD for(limited edition) Sohaimi Mior Hassan for song titled “400 Tahun”
- Design Cover CD for Meor, album titled “Sakrat”
- Collaborate with singer-songwriter Meor, engineered, recorded & mix his new album in Kamal Sabran home studio.
- Directed Music Video “ Ini bukan Demokrasi Kita” by Sohaimi Mior Hassan
- Designing & Consultation for World AIDS Day, Pejabat Kesihatan Petaling, Selangor
- Designing Montage for Hari Kuali, Pejabat Setiausaha Kerajaan Perak
- Designing a Video for Interview Session with Redza Piyadasa by Hasnol Jamal Saidon
- Directed Music Video for Pete Teo, Song Title I GO, Publish in Korea & Japan.
- Royal Belum Exhibition Project, Angkatan Pelukis Darul Ridzuan, Galeri Penang, Pulau Pinang.
- Direct music video for Pete Teo, Song title Carnival Hall, Nokia You Make it Reel contest, KL
- Direct music Video for Greyskull (US punk rock Band), Pretty in Ink, Nokia You Make it Reel, Singapore
- Concept and design materials, Keselamatan Kesihatan Antarabangsa, World Health Day, Ministry of Health
- (Petaling Jaya), Malaysia
- Participate in Art tour by Reiko Nakamura from the National Museum of Art Tokyo, Yayasan Kesenian Perak (YKP), Ipoh Perak
- Participate in the selection of art work for National Art Gallery Permanent Collection, YKP, Ipoh Perak
- Designing video art for Nurhanim Khairuddin’s installation work.
- NOKIA “You Make it Reel” TV Program, 8TV,10:30pm
- Design and Concept for Malam Amal, AIDS Fund, Ministry of Health PJ, KL
- Special sound effect composition, Launching for First Malaysian Astronault Program, National Space Agency, KL
- Montage for Prostar, Pejabat Kesihatan PJ, KL
- Montage for In synth with Nature art Exhibition, UiTM, Shah Alam
- Curator for Art Exhibition, Graphic Design (student artwork), Cosmopoint Ipoh
- Art & AIDS (design material), Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia, KL
- Kempen Sihat Sepanjang Hayat kerjasama dengan Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia, (Design material)
- Colloboration Project with YKP, Video Art for Kempen Budi Bahasa Peringkat Negeri, Bangunan Setia Usaha Kerajaan, Perak
- Colloboration project with Ministry of Health, Video Art for “Kill Aedes Before it Attacks You”, KL
- Design Video Art for Artist Statement for TAKUNG art exhibition, National Art Gallery, KL
- Curated Cosmopoint Graphic Student’s exhibition, Perak
- Design logo for Pejabat Kesihatan Petaling “ Tasty,Tidy,Hygenic” Campaign.
- TV Commercial for Pameran Seni “Inspirasi Perak”, APDR
- Karnival Prostar:Gema Prostarian, Graphic Design, KL
- Private Com Suflex, Corporate Identity Design, Ipoh
- Curator for “Raw Exhibition”, Students of Cosmopoint, Ipoh
- Explorasi Seni, Tasik Banding, Perak.
- Graphic Show, Student Artwork, Cosmopoint Ipoh.
- Art Talk, Cosmopoint Ipoh.
- Paticipated in Art Journey with Beate Renner organised by YKP.
- Diploma Show, Graphic Student Artwork, Cosmopoint
- Costume Design Show, Cosmopoint
- Photography art by student, Cosmopoint
- Poetry Video Projection, colloboration with Nur Hanim & Rahmat Haron
- Art work Sponsorship for Impiana, KL
- Album Cover Design for rock band Exists, NAR Record, KL
- Web Site Design for Produksi Nur-Johan Sdn Bhd, Perak
- Logo Design for Suflex Sdn Bhd, Perak.
- Album Cover for Compailation Artist, NAR Record, KL
- Poster & Banner Design for Prostar, KL
- Jualan Seni Amal Rakyat Iraq, Cosmopoint Ipoh.
- Citrawarna Ipoh.
- Pertukaran Seni Jepun-Malaysia, Ipoh Library.
- Live Mural Painting, Yayasan Kesenian Perak, Ipoh.
- Organised Art Exhibition throughout the year for Muzium Ipoh.
- Mural Project for Kementerian Kesihatan Daerah Batang Padang.
- Speak your Mind, Cosmopoint Ipoh.
- Diploma Show, Cosmopoint Ipoh.
- Pertemuan Pelukis Malaysia, Ipoh.
- World AIDS Day 2003, Ipoh.
- Wrote theme song for World AIDS Day 2003, Ipoh.
- Designed Postcard for Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia.
- Developed Lecturer Manual & Workbook for Advertising Campaign, cosmopoint
- Project Director, Cosmo Art Award, Ipoh.
- Coordinating, Pertandingan Tarian Tradisional, Pejabat Kebudayaan, Ipoh.
- Developed Learning Kit for Art History Student of Cosmopoint.
- Project Director Cosmopoint Blood Donating Day, Ipoh.
- Coordinating Cosmopoint Graphic & Multimedia Presentation, Ipoh.
- Coordinating for Cosmopoint Open Day Student Art Exhibition, Ipoh.
- Design Mural for Polyclinic Ayer Tawar, Perak.